Traditional Chinese Medicine
Traditional Chinese Medicine, commonly referred to as "Chinese Medicine" or simply "TCM", is one of the oldest forms of medicine and it is one of the most commonly used in the world.
TCM is made up of many different types of therapies - the most commonly know of which is acupuncture. Less known, but also very important within the context of Chinese Medicine are: tuina medical massage, cupping, moxibustion (heat treatment with a slow burning herb - mugwort), herbal medicine, medical qigong, dietary therapy, exercise and lifestyle management.
Now also available is acupuncture for facial rejuvenation.
Acupuncture and Chinese medicine is available in the Primacare centres listed below. Siobhan and Sandro are fully qualified, registered and insured TCM practitioners and recognized by the private health insurers.
More information on chinese medicine can be found at http://www.tcmireland.ie
Traditional Chinese Medicine Services are available in the following locations:
- Oldcourt Medical & Dental Centre
- Ballyowen Lane Medical Centre
- Ballyowen Castle Medical & Dental Centre
- Tyrellstown Medical & Dental Centre
- Applewood Medical and Dental, Swords
- Citywest Medical & Dental Centre
- Manor Mills Medical & Dental Centre (Maynooth)