Primacare Physiotherapy is provided by chartered physiotherapists who will carry out comprehensive assessments & diagnosis of presenting condition, this will be followed through with a skilled treatment programme.
All musculoskeletal conditions are treated for example: back & neck pain, frozen shoulder, headaches, ligaments, sprains, muscles strains and all Sports injuries are also treated.
What we Offer
If you are waiting for too long to get Physiotherapy Treatment ( services) by the HSE - Just call us and simply arrange to have your problem assessed and treated privately by a highly experienced professional. NO-RUSH approach - all first appointments (assessments) are for a minimum of 60 minuets and most follow up treatments are for 30 to 45 minute appointments.
Our Physiotherapists are chartered MISCP with many years of experience providing assessment, treatment and advice for wide range of injuries and conditions such as :
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Work Related Injuries(Repetitive strain injuries)
- Joint pain and arthritis
- Muscle, tendon and ligament injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Pre and post surgical and orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Rehabilitationof neurological conditions (Stroke, MS, Brian Injuries) - Home visits are carried out.
- Elderly Care
- Children with developmental delay
- Relive swelling, adhesions and stiffness
- Improve relaxation and range of movement in joints
- strengthen muscles
- Re-educate walking and gait (walking and other assistive aids may be needed)
- Retrain balance and coordination
- Regain and maintain independence
|Physio Consultation||40 Euro (Loyalty Card)|
|Physio Consultation||40 Euro (Student / Staff Dundrum Town Centre)|
|Private Physio Consultation||50 Euro|
|Dry needling||50 Euro|
|Combined physio and dry needling (or acupuncture)||70 Euro (45 minutes)|
The Following services are available to patients:
- Electrotherapy (ultrasound & interferential)
- Orthotics (in conjunction with biomechanical assessment)
- Individually prescribed exercise programmes & rehabilitation back to sporting activity
- Dry needling (new evidence based technique, used for wide variety of musculoskeletal conditions)
- Paediatric physiotherapy is also available for children presenting with musculoskeletal conditions and/or neurological conditions for example cerebral palsy
- Exercise Therapy
- Soft Tissue techniques including therapeutic and sports massage
Physiotherapy Services are available in the following locations:
Free Physiotherapy Service
Our standard chartered physiotherapy & Sports Injury fees are €50, but if you would like to reduce your physiotherapy fees so that each visit could be "free" use the following steps:
Register you and your Family for a Primacare Loyalty Card and receive a 20% discount on the standard private Physio. consultation fees of €50. Registration online is free of charge! We will charge you €40 up front for the service and you will be able to recover the costs of this treatment from your medical insurance.
Chartered Physiotherapy is eligible for refund with VHI,
Quinn Medical, Hibernian Health (Vivas) - however we do advise you to
check your policy in case of additional terms and conditions.
Reimbursement rates may vary depending on your policy but up to €40 per
treatment can normally be reclaimed. Please check your policy to
If you spend €40 on a standard physiotherapy consultation in Primacare. You will be able to reclaim up to €40 back from your health insurance making it "free". Even if your medical insurance only allows you to reclaim the base level of €20 per treatment, The remaining €20 can be subject to tax relief using the Med 1 Revenue form or by applying online. You will end up paying only €16 per visit (20% Standard rate) as tax relief is available on all Chartered Physiotherapy costs. For more information on Physiotherapy Tax relief please visit www.revenue.ie.
While receipts need not be submitted with a health expenses claim, they should be retained for six years in case the claim is chosen for a more detailed examination.