What is Chiropody and Podiatory ?
Podiatry in its modern sense involves total care of the feet and through them the whole body. The old fashioned idea that “Chiropody” was merely cutting old ladies toenails is long since gone, modern chiropodists are podiatrists and treat every age and foot problem.
Our aim is to alleviate foot pain, improve foot function and try to prevent future suffering and deformity where possible.
There are two common types of corns – hard and soft. Both are painful and are caused by skin being squeezed between the bone of the foot and the shoe and or as a result of the toes rubbing against each other.
Cracked heals are quite a common condition particularly in summer months and in warm summer climates. Although no more serious than hard skin in the initial stages, they can become quite painful and lead to more serious conditions if not treated properly
What Chiropody can do for you
Our Podiatry Service provides assessment and advice for all patients who suffer with foot related problems.
- Curative and preventative treatment of ulceration
- Curative, palliative and preventative treatment for corns and callus
- Preventative and palliative treatment of foot complications associative with diabetes
- Palliative and preventative treatment of abnormalities as a result of rheumatoid arthritis
- Surgical correction of ingrown toenail
- Toenail cutting by podiatry assistants may be arranged for those whose disability prevents them from doing this for themselves
- (Orthotics management of biomechanical abnormalities pending)
- Curative treatment of verruca
Chiropody services are available in the following locations:
Direct Contact details: